Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ninja Robot Monkey!

Adobe Illustrator CS2

Here's a revamp of something I did a few years back. Just simplified shapes and (for the most part) solid colors. The purple background triangle was a vector shape, then rasterized. I added a little texture with film grain and other effects, then zoom blurred it to get the speed effect.

The title text, I think, is LCD. I copied and pasted two versions of the text and set them in back of the original, toggling each to either side and changing the colors to add depth and interest. I created a row of thin lines in front of the text, then played with the transparency and colors to achieve the t.v. lines effect.

I'm thinking he looks pretty rambunctious, with a spit-in-death's-eye attitude! :)

9 comments:

Nemo @ Daily-dabble.com said...

Hi Andy!

I like how the shadow makes him really jump off the screen! ;)

Hope you're having a super Sunday!!

Andrew W. Moir said...

Heh, you might remember the original one of this I posted on MyPuke.

Thanks for stopping by Nemo! Your comments are always appreciated. :)

tanaudel said...

The world needs more of them,

Andrew W. Moir said...

Hey Tanaudel, I agree! I've thought about creating my own little animated thing with it, like an opening sequence to a cartoon. Maybe someday. :)

Eric Barclay said...

This would make a great animated character. Love the hard edges-- really fun!

Valaine said...

Ooooh! Sweet :)

Andrew W. Moir said...

I appreciate you dropping over and letting me know what you think Eric! I can't say enough about your work. :)

Valaine, you have a truck-load of great and inspiring work on your site! Thanks for stopping over and commenting. :)

theartofpuro said...

it's great,saw your blog ,you have a great talent

Andrew W. Moir said...

Thanks Monica! You have lots of wonderful work on your site, and I really like your title image. :)