Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Recent Art

    I've added some new art and some revamped art.  I'm still attempting to capture a mid-century illustration feel, which has inspired me for many years.  It made a big comeback somewhere in the late '90s or early Y2K.  I just bought a big book about Charlie Harper and his art.  His amazing work back in the day inspires me to create art in the same vein.

    "Red Bird."  I used a limited number of minimal shapes while trying to retain the character and shapes of the bird.  I used a spattering airbrush texture to create the gritty effect seen where lights and shadows meet.  This adds some interest and creates a more traditional painted look.
Adobe Illustrator
    "Kirby-Inspired."  I'm still mining the depths of all things Jack Kirby.  I used blocky shapes for the shading on the face (which has nothing to do with Jack Kirby, but...), and the outcome surprised me.  I'll try this on something else in the future.
Adobe Illustrator
    "Lure Allure."  I don't like the murky greens I used, but I guess the rest of the picture looks okay.
Adobe Illustrator
    "Seahorse."  I brought this to life as the partner piece to the "Blue Whales" illustration.
Adobe Illustrator
    "Lovers."  A slightly altered green/blue version of this texture lies within the clipping mask of the seahorse illustration above.
Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
    "Video Game Screen."  I started out with the green guy on the stairs, and the rest just came about.
Adobe Illustrator

No comments: