Monday, September 3, 2018

A Few New Things

Blog Logo
    A work associate commissioned me to create a logo for his friend's blog,  featuring church-themed information for kids.  I drew the monarch and viceroy butterflies In Adobe Illustrator from photos I'd taken.
CD Cover
    I wish I could have read my friend's mind to know what he wanted for his CD cover. I created intricate vector art in Illustrator when he just wanted a couple photos combined with a logo.

      I had a hard time capturing his likeness from the small, blurry photo he gave me.  This intricate line art style I decided on didn't help the problem.  I like it, but I wish I'd changed a few areas.


     I've seen others do amazing vector street scenes, and I wanted to try one myself.  I created this street in Homestead, PA using an old photograph he gave me.  It took some time, but I like the results.
Logo Design
     My nephew asked me to do a t-shirt design for a little company he's trying to get started.  He and some friends built a swing set for a child with cancer whose family couldn't afford one.  Now he hopes to do the same for other children.
     He gave me a sketch of the shield with where he wanted the text and a picture of a kneeling knight.  I created a line art rendering of the knight in a different pose.  I made the text readable and added shadows to make the text pop.

No comments: